The EB1 Backup is an extremely compact dual-output flashlight with a 200-lumen maximum output that can be used as a backup light for patrol officers or a duty light for plainclothes officers. It's also ideal for everyday-carry, self-defense, or outdoor applications. The EB1 features a virtually indestructible LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens, creating a beam with the optimum configuration for both reach and situational awareness.
There are three EB1 Backup models to choose from, differing in the tailcap type/switch type combination:
Click-type switch with tailcap shroud — Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on high output; press further to click constant-on high. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for low output. Raised shroud around switch provides extra protection against accidental activation.
Click-type switch without tailcap shroud — Like the original E1B Backup. Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on high output; press further to click constant-on high. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds for low output. No shroud around switch.
Tactical switch without shroud — Partially press tailcap pushbutton for momentary-on low output; press further for momentary-on high output. Release to turn light off. Twist tailcap clockwise for constant-on low then high output. No shroud around switch.
The brilliant 200-lumen high output beam is ideal for identifying threats and overwhelming the sight of adversaries. The 5-lumen low output is perfect for reading a map, checking an ID, or navigating in low light with minimal degradation to your dark-adapted vision. The Backup can run at this level for 40 hours, a valuable feature for outdoor or emergency situations. A tough, lightweight Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum body protects the EB1 Backup’s sophisticated electronics, and its smooth contours minimize clothing snag and pressure points. A two-way clip allows head-up or head-down carry. All EB1 models are available in Black, Silver, and Desert Tan.
- Virtually indestructible LED emitter regulated to maximize output and runtime
- Two output levels — high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- TIR lens produces tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated tempered window resists impact, maximizes light
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability
- Choice of three models with distinct tailcap/switch options: Tactical type without switch shroud, Click-type with switch shroud, click-type without switch shroud. See details in Description
- Two-way clip permits light to be carried bezel up or down
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Available in Black, Silver, and Desert Tan
- Includes high-energy 123A battery with 10-year shelf life